10.00 NZ Registered Architects Board Points
Chiara Shim an emerging professional and Architectural Graduate from Warren and Mahoney. We talk to Chiara today about her specific interest area in Generative Design and AI and how she is applying these technologies across W&M’s portfolio.
Questions that are answered in the podcast:
- Architectural Graduate is a role that has changed a lot over the last decade or two. Can you share a bit about what this entails for you at Warren and Mahoney?
- One of the major projects you’ve worked on since joining the practice in 2020 is the Archives New Zealand building in Wellington. Can you tell us a bit about the project and your contribution to it?
- Your work challenges some of our traditional ideas around what architecture is. How have you seen the field evolve since you started your studies and what new opportunities would you like to see for the next generation of architects?
- As an emerging professional, what are some of the ideas or technologies that you’re excited about exploring as your career evolves?
- Generative Design and AI are a key focus area for you. How are you bringing these technologies into Warren and Mahoney projects?
- You’re also teaching digital technologies through Warren and Mahoney’s Digital Design Group. What are some of the things you’re exploring together?
- What do you wish more people understood about Architectural Graduates?
- What’s next for you and Warren and Mahoney?
- Any calls to action? How can people learn more and connect with your work?